- This topic is empty.
Photopea is a free, web-based image editing software that allows users to edit and manipulate images in a similar way to Adobe Photoshop. It was created by Czech programmer Ivan Kuckir and launched in 2013. Photopea supports a wide range of file formats, including PSD, Sketch, XD, and SVG, and offers a variety of tools for editing images, such as layers, filters, masks, and color adjustments. It is accessible from any web browser and doesn’t require any downloads or installations. Additionally, Photopea provides a comprehensive user guide and tutorial section to help users get started with the software.
- Open Photopea: To use Photopea, go to the Photopea website and click on the “Start Editor” button.
- Create a new project: Once you have opened Photopea, you can start a new project by selecting “File” from the top menu and then selecting “New.”
- Import your image: To import an image, select “File” from the top menu and then select “Open.”
- Edit your image: Photopea offers a wide range of editing tools, including crop, resize, rotate, adjust color, and more.
- Save your work: Once you have finished editing your image, you can save it by selecting “File” from the top menu and then selecting “Save As.”
- Export your image: If you need to export your image for use on the web or in other software, you can do so by selecting “File” from the top menu and then selecting “Export As.”
- Share your work: You can share your work by saving it to your computer and then uploading it to social media or other platforms.
- Continue to edit: If you need to make further edits to your image, simply reopen it in Photopea and continue editing.
- Compatibility: Open and edit various file formats, including PSD, Sketch, XD, and AI, making it a versatile choice for designers and digital artists.
- FREE alternative to expensive image editing software like Photoshop, making it an accessible option for amateur and professional users alike.
- Online: Being an online tool, it can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection, which means users don’t have to download or install any software.
- User-Friendly: Has a clean and intuitive interface that’s easy to navigate, making it ideal for beginners who are just getting started with photo editing.
- Powerful Tools: A wide range of powerful tools, including layer masks, filters, adjustments, and blending modes, that allow users to create stunning images and graphics.
- Multilingual: Is available in multiple languages, making it accessible to users from different parts of the world.
- Regular Updates: The developers of Photopea release regular updates that add new features and tools, ensuring that the software stays up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies.
- Steep learning curve: A powerful and versatile image editor, but it can be overwhelming for new users who are not familiar with advanced photo editing software.
- Limited offline functionality: Is a browser-based editor, which means that it requires an internet connection to access and use. This may not be ideal for users who need to work on their images while offline.
- Limited customization options: Compared to more expensive professional photo editors, it may have fewer customization options and advanced features. It looks a little outdated, and nothing compared to what photoshop can do, but is a great free alternative tool for when you need it.
- Occasional glitches: Some users have reported occasional glitches or bugs in the software, which can cause frustration or delays in completing projects.
- No phone app: Photopea is not available as a mobile app, which can be inconvenient for users who need to edit photos on the go.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.