- This topic is empty.
Behance is a social media platform that allows creative professionals to showcase their creative work and connect with other professionals in their field. The platform was created in 2006 and was acquired by Adobe in 2012.
It allows users to create an online portfolio of their work, which can include everything from graphic design and illustration to photography and web design. Users can also browse other users’ portfolios and discover new talent in their field.
One of the unique features is its “Projects” feature, which allows users to showcase their work in a more structured and organized way. Projects can include multiple pieces of work and can be organized by theme or project type.
Behance also offers a job board where users can search for job opportunities in their field and apply directly through the platform. Behance hosts a number of design competitions and events throughout the year.
This is a valuable tool for creative professionals looking to showcase their work, connect with other professionals, and find new job opportunities.
- Sign up for a Behance account: You can sign up using your Adobe ID, Google, or Facebook account.
- Set up your profile: Once you have created an account, you can set up your profile. Upload a profile picture and cover photo, and fill out your bio and contact information.
- Create a portfolio: All about showcasing your work, so it’s important to create a portfolio of your best projects. You can upload images, videos, and other files to showcase your work. You can also organize your portfolio by project type or theme.
- Follow other users: Aocial platform, so it’s important to engage with other users by following them, liking their work, and leaving comments.
- Join groups: Has a number of groups dedicated to different creative fields and topics. Joining relevant groups can help you connect with other professionals in your field and discover new talent.
- Participate in challenges: Hosts a number of design challenges throughout the year. Participating in challenges can help you showcase your skills and get feedback on your work.
- Apply for jobs: Has a job board where you can search for job opportunities in your field. You can also apply for jobs directly through the platform.
- Showcase your work: A great platform for creating an online portfolio of your work. You can showcase your projects, get feedback from other users, and gain exposure for your work.
- Discover new talent: Good place to discover new talent in your field. You can browse other users’ portfolios and projects, and follow other creatives to stay up-to-date on their work.
- Connect with other professionals: Allows you to connect with other creatives in your field, which can lead to collaboration opportunities, job offers, and other professional connections.
- Get feedback on your work: Has a large and active community of creatives who are eager to provide feedback on your work. This can help you improve your skills and get better at what you do.
- Find job opportunities: A job board where you can search for job opportunities in your field. You can also showcase your work to potential employers and apply directly through the platform.
- Limited Exposure: Although it is a popular platform for designers and creatives, it may not be the best choice for those looking for a wider audience. The platform is primarily used by professionals in the creative industry, and the reach may be limited to those within that industry.
- Oversaturation: With over 18 million users and counting, Behance has become a crowded platform where it can be difficult to stand out. Users may find it challenging to get noticed among so many other portfolios and projects.
- Time Commitment: To get the most out of it, users must commit time to regularly update their portfolio and engage with the community. This can be time-consuming and may not be feasible for those with busy schedules.
- Limited Customization: Offers a user-friendly interface, the platform limits the ability to customize the look and feel of your portfolio. Users may find it challenging to create a unique brand identity and stand out from others.
- Spam and Unsolicited Messages: As with any social media platform, Behance is not immune to spam and unsolicited messages. Users may receive unwanted messages from other users promoting their services or products.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.