- This topic is empty.
Free Manual method:
To convert a design file from Adobe XD to Figma, you can follow these steps:
- Open Adobe XD and export the design file as an .xd file.
- Open Figma and create a new Figma file.
- In the Figma file, click on the “Import” button in the top menu and select “Adobe XD.”
- Navigate to the .xd file you exported from Adobe XD and click “Import.”
- Figma will import the Adobe XD file and convert it to Figma format.
Note that some elements, such as text formatting, may not be converted perfectly, so you may need to make some adjustments to your design in Figma after importing it.
Free Plugin method:
“Convertify” is a Figma plugin that can be used to convert designs from one format to another, including from Adobe XD to Figma format.
- Install the “Convertify” plugin in Figma by navigating to the “Plugins” section in the left-hand menu, searching for “Convertify,” and clicking “Install.”
- Export the Adobe XD design as an .xd file.
- In Figma, open a new or existing Figma file.
- Click on the “Plugins” menu and select “Convertify.”
- Click on the “Import” tab, then click “Upload.”
- Navigate to the .xd file you exported from XD and select it.
- Choose the artboards you want to import and click “Import.”
- The Convertify plugin will automatically convert the Adobe XD design to Figma format and import it into your Figma file.
Note that while plugins can be a useful tool for importing designs, it’s still important to double-check that everything has been converted correctly and that all the layers and components are organized properly in Figma.
Several reasons why you might want to convert a design from Adobe XD to Figma:
- Collaboration: Figma is a popular tool for collaboration, and if you’re working with a team that uses Figma, it might be more efficient to have all your designs in one place.
- Figma’s features: Figma has several features that Adobe XD does not have, such as real-time collaboration, advanced prototyping, and design system management.
- Accessibility: Figma is a web-based tool, which means that you can access your designs from anywhere with an internet connection. This can be useful if you need to work on a design while you’re away from your main computer.
- Platform support: Figma is available on multiple platforms, including Mac, Windows, and Linux, whereas Adobe XD is only available on Mac and Windows.
Being able to convert between the two tools can be helpful if you need to collaborate with others who use a different tool or if you want to switch tools yourself.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.