- This topic is empty.
Zeplin is a cloud-based collaboration tool that helps designers and developers work together to create and maintain digital products such as websites and mobile apps. It allows designers to upload their design files from software like Sketch, Adobe XD, and Figma, and then share them with developers who can inspect the designs, extract assets, and get access to design specs and code snippets.
It makes it easy for designers to keep their design files organized and up-to-date, and provides developers with the information they need to build the product efficiently and accurately. With Zeplin, designers and developers can work together seamlessly, reducing communication errors and saving time in the product development process. Zeplin also offers integration with popular project management tools like Trello, Jira, and Asana, making it a powerful tool for teams collaborating on digital projects.
- Design your product using design software such as Sketch, Adobe XD, or Figma.
- Upload your design files. You can do this by creating a new project in Zeplin and linking it to your design software. This will allow you to sync your design files automatically.
- Invite your team members to collaborate on the project. You can add team members with different roles such as viewers, developers, or collaborators. You can also specify which parts of the project each team member can access.
- Generate design specs and assets. Zeplin will automatically extract colors, fonts, images, and other design assets from your design files. You can also use Zeplin to generate style guides, component libraries, and other design specs.
- Use it to collaborate with your team. You can leave comments on designs, make annotations, and share feedback with your team members. You can also export code snippets or handoff assets to developers.
- Manage your project. You can organize your designs into screens and sections, create version histories, and manage your project’s overall progress.
- Improved collaboration: Makes it easy for designers and developers to work together and collaborate on a project. Designers can upload their designs to Zeplin, and developers can access the designs, inspect them, and extract necessary assets without the need for constant communication.
- Streamlined workflow: Provides a streamlined workflow that makes it easy for designers and developers to communicate about design elements, requirements, and project status. This reduces the number of communication errors and saves time in the development process.
- Easy access to design specs and assets: Easy access to design specs and assets, including colors, fonts, icons, and images, making it easy for developers to access the necessary design elements and ensure that they are implemented correctly.
- Integration with other tools: Integrates with popular project management tools like Trello, Jira, and Asana, making it easy to incorporate Zeplin into your existing workflow.
- Efficient design handoff: Streamlines the design handoff process, making it easy for designers to provide detailed design information to developers, including CSS, HTML, and code snippets.
- Limited support for certain design tools: While it integrates with popular design tools like Sketch, Adobe XD, and Figma, it may not support all design tools equally well. If you use a less common design tool, you may not be able to fully take advantage of its collaboration features.
- Limited customization options: While it allows designers to export design assets and generate style guides, it may not offer as much customization as some designers would like. For example, it may not allow you to modify the generated code or the way design assets are exported.
- Potential learning curve: May take some time to learn, especially for designers and developers who are not familiar with collaboration tools. This may result in some initial frustration and slow down the product development process.
- Subscription cost: Requires a subscription for full access to its features, which may be a disadvantage for smaller teams or individual designers who have limited budgets.
- Dependence on internet connection: Is a cloud-based tool, which means it relies on a stable internet connection. If your internet connection is slow or unreliable, this may impact your ability to access and use the tool effectively.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.