- This topic is empty.
The Tudor Black Bay is a popular line of wristwatches produced by Tudor, a Swiss watchmaking company and subsidiary of Rolex. The Black Bay collection is known for its vintage-inspired design, combining modern technology with classic aesthetics. This new Black Bay is already selling out fast as they have reintroduced the rose on the crown and upgraded the watch. They say it will become a collectable soon and Tudor is heading in the same direction as Rolex.
- Heritage Design: The Black Bay collection draws inspiration from Tudor’s historical dive watches, particularly the Submariner models from the 1950s. This heritage design is characterized by elements like the “snowflake” hands, prominent winding crown, and a domed crystal, which give the watches a distinct vintage feel.
- Variety of Models: The Tudor Black Bay collection offers a range of models, each with its own unique features and design elements. These models include various case materials, dial colors, and strap options to cater to different tastes and preferences.
- Dive Watch Functionality: Many Black Bay models are designed as professional dive watches, with water resistance up to a significant depth (typically around 200 meters or more with a 70 hour power reserve). They also often include unidirectional rotating bezels for tracking dive times, luminescent markers for visibility in low-light conditions, and sturdy construction for durability.
- Movement: Tudor equips its Black Bay watches with reliable and accurate automatic movements. The movements are often sourced from third-party manufacturers but are modified and adjusted by Tudor to meet their specifications. These movements provide robust timekeeping and often have a power reserve of around 40-70 hours.
- Case Sizes: The Black Bay collection offers a range of case sizes to accommodate different wrist sizes and preferences. These sizes can range from approximately 39mm to 41mm in diameter, making the watches suitable for a variety of wearers. The watch above is 41mm.
- Strap Options: The watches typically come with different strap options, including steel bracelets, leather straps, and fabric straps. The strap choices contribute to the overall aesthetic and comfort of the watch. You can make the strap size on the steel bracelet bigger or smaller.
- In-House Movement: Tudor introduced an in-house movement for some of the Black Bay models, showcasing their commitment to developing their own watchmaking capabilities. This move was seen as a significant step forward in the brand’s evolution.
The Harrods edition of the Tudor Black Bay. What do you think?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.